Now seeking 2 Preparators
Under general supervision, assists in the planning, preparation, design, and installation of museum exhibits, art collections, or other display materials. Designs and constructs display materials as required. Coordinates the packing, moving, maintenance, and security of collections. May assist with the planning and preparation of printed promotional materials.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists collection manager, curator, or director in the planning, design, installation, and deinstallation of art, science, or other exhibits for public display.
- Designs and constructs crates, display cases, and related items as required.
- Packs, moves, and maintains collections; researches and implements storage and display methods.
- Oversees collection security, ensuring proper installation of security systems and patron control.
- Maintains appropriate collection documentation as required.
- May provide graphic design for exhibits; may participate in design and composition of publicity releases, flyers, newsletters, catalogues, and other items related to exhibition publicity.
- May lead, guide, and train staff/student employees, interns, and/or volunteers performing related work; may participate in the recruitment of volunteers, as appropriate to the area of operation.
- May curate exhibitions as required.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Apply before 9/2/2021.
Learn more and apply at – https://unm.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/18/home/requisition/16551?c=unm
Learn more about Internships and Volunteer opportunities >