The Harwood Museum of Art is Open
To support New Mexico’s efforts to curb the spread of the Coronavirus, the Harwood Museum of Art is open on a modified schedule:
Join us Wednesday – Sunday from 11:00 – 5:00.
The Harwood Museum of Art is NM Safe Certified following COVID-Safe Practices.
Sign up for our newsletter at the bottom of this page, so stay informed about changes to programs, events and business hours.
Harwood Museum of Art’s COVID-safe Practices
Your safety and the safety of our staff is of paramount importance to everyone at the Harwood Museum. To ensure that we are doing everything we can to prevent the transmission of COVID-19, we are enforcing the following protocols that either meet or exceed all required measures:
Here is what we are doing to keep you safe:
- Masks are required by all visitors and staff regardless of vaccination status.
- All Harwood staff are vaccinated.
- A maximum of 35 guests (10% of capacity) are allowed in the museum simultaneously.
- We are not offering regular museum docent tours at this time.
- All high-touch surfaces and restrooms are cleaned frequently, exceeding CDC recommendations.
- Drinking fountains are closed.
What we need from you to keep everyone safe:
- Guests experiencing any recent COVID symptoms are not permitted in the museum.
- Face-masks are required regardless of vaccination status. Masks are available upon request.
- Social distancing of at least 6 feet is encouraged at all times.
- We are not offering museum tours at this time.
- We provide hand-sanitizer. We ask that guests refrain from touching surfaces whenever possible.
- Please limit interaction between parties.
- Please try and keep one party per gallery as you progress through the museum.
- No tours or groups larger than 10 people are permitted.
Other things to know about our COVID-safe practices:
- Limited in-person events and public programs are being held at this time. See our Events Calendar for online programming.
- No in-person educational programs are being held at this time.
- No artworks are being accepted at this time.
- Archives are closed to researchers.
- Most staff continue to work and meet remotely. Please contact our team via email to schedule virtual video meetings.
- All staff are required to be vaccinated.
- Vendors and contractors at the Harwood are expected to be vaccinated and follow all COVID-Safe Practices expected by staff and guests.
- Employees experiencing COVID-19 symptoms are not permitted on site and must be cleared before returning to the museum.
Thank you for doing your part to reduce the spread of COVID-19, which allows us all to enjoy art and life a little more.
Additional Information and Resources