Harwood Museum of Art’s COVID-safe Practices
Your safety and the safety of our community is of paramount importance to everyone at the Harwood Museum. To ensure that we are doing everything we can to prevent the transmission of COVID-19, we are enforcing the following protocols that either meet or exceed all required measures:
What you need to know before coming to the museum:
- Masks are required by all visitors and staff regardless of vaccination status.
- Proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 test is required for all auditorium programs and other ticketed events where noted (see our Vaccination Policy below)
- If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or have been exposed to someone with COVID within the last five days, please postpone your visit.
Proof of vaccination or negative COVID test is NOT required to visit the museum. Masks are required indoors for all guests.
Other things to know about our COVID-safe practices:
Only limited in-person events and public programs are being held at this time. See our Events Calendar for all programming.
We are not offering regular museum docent tours at this time. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for group tour inquiries.
- All Harwood staff are vaccinated.
- Museum capacity is limited to 50%
- All high-touch surfaces and restrooms are cleaned frequently, exceeding CDC recommendations.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the museum.
- Drinking fountains are closed.
- Physical distancing of at least 6 feet is encouraged at all times.
- No in-person educational programs are being held at this time.
- No artworks are being accepted at this time.
- Archives are closed to researchers.
- Most staff continue to work and meet remotely. Please contact our team via email to schedule virtual video meetings.
- Vendors and contractors at the Harwood are expected to be vaccinated and follow all COVID-Safe Practices expected by staff and guests.
- Employees experiencing COVID-19 symptoms are not permitted on site and must be cleared before returning to the museum.
Harwood visitors 12 years of age or older who attend programs in the Arthur Bell Auditorium and any ticketed event where noted are required to:
- Provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. (See requirements below)
- Provide proof of a negative PCR COVID-19 test within 72 hours of the start of the event. A clinically verified negative rapid test taken the same day as the event is also acceptable. We do not accept at home test results.
A guest is considered fully vaccinated if they have received the required dosage of a vaccine authorized by the Federal Drug Administration (FDA) or World Health Organization (WHO). The final dose must be received at least 14 days prior to the event.
Your vaccination card, a photo or photocopy of your vaccination card, or a digital vaccination record will all be accepted as proof of vaccination. All New Mexico residents may obtain an electronic copy of their vaccine records at: http://vaxviewnm.org
The Harwood will not store your private health information, so guests will need to present proper verification at each event that requires proof of vaccination or negative test.
Thank you for doing your part to reduce the spread of COVID-19, which allows us all to enjoy art and life a little more.
Additional Information and Resources
- New Mexico Tourism Department’s Covid-19 page
- State of New Mexico Coronavirus information
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- World Health Organization
Please contact email@example.com with any questions. These policies are reviewed regularly and subject to change.